Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing—Benjamin Franklin


Punkins

One of my goals since we’ve been here has been to excel at something. Several things if I can swing it. I realized that there are too many things that I am marginal at best with, things that I have picked up here or there and dabbled in, but never taken the time to be legitimately good at. So, I decided that I am going to take up a few hobbies and make them talents. This is proving to be a slightly problematic process as I tend to tackle significantly more than I should at one time (when you have 45 things to start excelling at it is a bit chaotic and overloaded), but for the time being I am an aspiring cake decorator. And by aspiring I really mean that I aspire to make a cake look like it might be edible.

Pumpkins are the latest attempt. It’s amazing how proud you can be of something so silly looking.


One problem with cake decorating as a hobby is that someone has to then consume the cake you decorated. Alas. 

My goal is to be good enough by March 6th, 2011 that I can make Little an amazing treasure map cake with additional mini treasure chest cake for him to consume all on his own on his first birthday. (And yes, I am already planning a pirate birthday party for him 5 months in advance.)

2 comments:

Connie said...

HALEY!!!!! These little pumpkins are SO cute! I am amazed and impressed....and also depressed that you live too far away for us to be able to ease that heavy burden of you having to consume them. We'd be right happy to help with that. :) ha! But seriously, my darling girl--they are simply adorable!!!! Good for you!!!

Adam said...

Our kitchen is currently home to Homemade cheesecake, caramel sauce, brownie cupcakes, chocolate ganache, chocolate sauce, storebought peppermint bark and See's chocolate. Of course this is in the wake of a birthday but still. Be careful what you wish for.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.