Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing—Benjamin Franklin


After Apple Picking

By Robert Frost The Lowders

...There were ten thousand thousand fruit to touch,
Cherish in hand, lift down, and not let fall...

At a local orchard around here, once a year they have an Apple Harvest Festival where essentially they have all sorts of fun little things for the kids to do (and the adults too, lets not lie). They have hay rides, a pumpkin patch, craft/food stands, and the highlight of all: you pick your own apples!

To get us started on the right foot on the way up we read Robert Frost's "After Apple Picking." I guess technically we should have read it after apple picking, but all the same...We had a blast and it is definitely going to be a tradition while we are here. 

 Little loved the pumpkins. He was unimpressed by a lot of things during the day, but the pumpkins were definitely a hit
 Bryce being awesome with the nifty apple picking contraption they provided us with. And Little enjoying the ride.
 It was a gorgeous area and it would've been worth visiting just to see the beautiful views that surround the orchard.
 Me and my mad apple picking skills. It helped that I didn't have a baby strapped to my belly, but I still maintain that I got better apples than Bryce.
 Little did his part to help pick the apples. If we're being strictly accurate, I think his favorite part was not the apples themselves, but the leaves. Every time Bryce would go for an apple, Little would add a few leaves to his handful.
...For I have had too much 
Of apple-picking: I am overtired
Of the great harvest I myself desired...

3 comments:

LJ said...

That first picture of Bryce picking apples, I didn't even see Everett in the photo. Then all of the sudden he was strapped to the belly and all that. Magic!

Also: I star every single one of your blog posts on Google Reader to read to Adam when he gets home from work. He loves them that much.

HaleyL said...

Magic indeed. I love the baby bjorn. It may or may not have saved my sanity on more than one occasion.
And you have no idea how good it makes me feel that you read them to Adam! It's nice to know it's not just me a Bryce reading them. =)

Connie said...

Oh don't you worry--I'm reading them, too! And loving every minute of it!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.