Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing—Benjamin Franklin


Goodbye Bink

We decided the other day that it was about time to do away with the binky. Not that we think Little is too old or that a pacifier is a terrible thing or anything; it just seemed like it was time. He doesn't really need it anymore and the only time he ever wants it is nap time, so... out with the binky. 
I thought this was going to be a horrid process of weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of what few teeth we have. As it turns out, no. It is not. I put him to bed last night sans binky and he did his usual thing--a few moments of whining that turns to growling that turns to half hearted grunting that turns to sleep. Not a peep about the absent binky. That has been the trend all day today as well. In fact for his afternoon nap he laughed himself to sleep. Fantastic. I have a sneaking suspicion that I have the best baby in the world.
Also, speaking of said adorable little man... 





This is how he spent the ride to the temple and then back. Sheesh! He's cute. 

 We also discovered this little gem on our way back from the temple. This is what we're doing to Vera next year for Christmas.  
Oh, and I chopped off my hair. This isn't the best picture of it, but you get the idea. It's amazing how much faster you can get ready for the day when you have half the hair. 

4 comments:

Bryce said...

In hindsight, I sound/look like a freak rawring at Little. Good thing he's so dang cute.

Connie said...

Tooooo cute for words!!!! All of you! The baby! The Daddy! The adorable Mommy with her AWESOME new hair cut! ***sigh*** Thank you so much for this ultra-precious post! You guys are so wonderful to keep us in the loop with these tender little videos and updates. LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU...and MISS you, too!

Shelli Snyder said...

I love your hair! Way cute. And Everett is seriously the most adorable thing. I actually think he might be getting cuter ... I didn't even know he could do that! :)

Shauna said...

You look absolutely adorable with your new haircut, Haley! My goodness!! And I agree with Shelli, he is getting even cuter which just isn't fair to all the other babies. I miss you guys so much!!! Love you!!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.