Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing—Benjamin Franklin


Bob the Camel

It all started when Little wanted a bedtime song about a camel and I didn't know even a line of a song that mentioned a camel, so I made one up. This, as you might imagine, led to one of the silliest and most nonsensical songs of all time wherein a camel named Bob was born. I kick myself nightly that Bob was the first name that came to mind.

Now, Little demands a Bob the Camel song almost every night and I am forced to make up a silly little ditty about Bob the Camel going to school, or Bob the Camel playing with friends, or any number of Bob the Camel escapades (Little chooses what Bob does in the song, so it can get a bit interesting) usually ending in "We love Bob the camel." 
However, one night the creativity was just not flowing so I told Little that we'd have to wait until the next night to sing our Bob the Camel song. Little apparently was not ok with that, so he decided to take matters into his own hands. What resulted was arguably the most adorable thing he has ever done because he made up his own version of a Bob the Camel song. What I wouldn't give to have that recorded for posterity.
Anyway... He still wants me to sing about Bob the Camel most nights, but after I am finished with my ditty, he starts naming off other animals we can make songs about and proceeds to sing whatever comes to mind about said animal. Mostly his songs are used to sing himself to sleep, but every now and again he comes up with some rather inventive songs about zebras and giraffes during the day. My personal favorite is a zebra named "Bubbu."

1 comments:

LJ said...

This totally reminds me of Calvin's dad reading Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooey every night before bed.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.