Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing—Benjamin Franklin


Time Is On My Side (at least it is when I say it has to be)

This just in: I will never ever have time to write again in my life. There is just way too much going on in life and that looks to be the case for at least the next 50 years. Thus I have decided that I am going make time. As much as I wish this meant I could open a few cans from the storage cupboard and whip up a good batch of time to use whenever I run out, it doesn't. This essentially means that I have proclaimed one day a week project day. Wherein I work on whatever projects have been sitting around waiting to be done because there is always and will always be something more pressing and/or requiring immediate and all encompassing attention.

I have a bunch of lovely magnets* to place on my calendar board every day/week that tell me that today is laundry day, or floor cleaning day, or errand day, etc. and they really are lovely (everything is better with cute magnets to move around). They do keep me on track concerning the never ending household to dos for the most part, but today I added the newly deemed all important "Project" magnet and I'm pleased as punch. I really think this is going to give me a shot at getting at least one of my books done as I will likely use this largely for writing.  
So research has commenced and I'm writing again. I've checked out my body weight in helpful books from the library** and it's full steam ahead (for at least one day a week). All-in-all I think this is going to be a very helpful development both for my writing and my sanity. 

*Thank you Shannon for the fabulous idea. It may or may not have literally saved my life. 
**Thank you to anyone who commented on the best advice books/advice on my previous blog post and if anyone has anymore ideas they are still very welcome. 

3 comments:

Shelli Snyder said...

That is so funny, Haley. I love it. I've heard you have some plans to go to Utah sometime soon and I should tell you that if I get to see you and your little darling I may very well be the happiest of the happies. Please be there sometime between the 10th and the 19th. :)

Connie said...

How come Shelli keeps beating me to EVERY single punch??? It has to be because my computer crashed this a.m. and I was way behind schedule on my computer time. Otherwise, I would have said all the things she said FIRST. :) I will also be the happiest of the happies, but I admit that I stole that from Shelli and had no idea I was going to say it before she did. But I like it, and I want to be it, so please pack your bags and your baby, my darling girl!!! :)

Bonnie said...

Great idea, Haley! You are too good at it not to pursue it!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.