Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing—Benjamin Franklin


Feeling the Spirit

Before I write what I actually intended to write I have to put a note in here that I'm changing Little's name on the blog. It occurred to me the other day that I should probably stop referring to him as "Little" or he is going to get a complex. We've had so many nicknames for him over the past years that he probably didn't know what his actual name was until recently (maybe that is why he refers to himself in third person all the time), but I think it is time to phase this one out. And I know it's obsessive, but I still don't want his actual name on a public blog, so from hence forth he will be known as E.


And without further ado... the funniness of E. 
He has been very interested in all things gospel related lately, specifically Joseph Smith, but as I was mentioning before some of the lessons get a little lost in translation. There is a particular story in his scripture book that tells of how Joseph was traveling with Bishop Whitney and they jumped from a wagon because the horses bolted. For some reason it stuck with him and he asks me to tell it over and over again. The other night he decided he would tell it to me instead, only his version went something like this: "Joseph Smith had horses. The horsey got scared and ran fast and Joseph jumped and Jesus jumped. The horsey was running away and Joseph helped Jesus feel better. Joseph likes Jesus and the horsey was scared to run. Joseph and Jesus broke a leg and Joseph gave Jesus a blessing to feel all better and the horsey ran away fast." I'm not sure how much he got out of the actual lesson, but at least he is trying, right? 

Just today we were changing Gigi's diaper (E was "helping" by standing on the stool next to her) and E announced, "I'm feeling the spirit for Gigi and mommy," bowed his head, and started mumbling into the changing table. It took me a couple of minutes and lots of questions to understand exactly what was going on, but it all became clear when I realized that the top rail of the changing table looks a bit like a microphone. He was bearing his testimony. He's very concerned when people speaking in church start crying, so we've had to talk at length about how people sometimes cry when they are feeling the Spirit. Perhaps I need to explain things a bit better. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.