Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing—Benjamin Franklin


Piracy is alive and well

 So Little has a fisher price pirate ship set that has pretty much been his sole entertainment since my sister gave it to him a month or so ago. He particularly dotes on the cannonball. He carries it around everywhere he goes which means that at any given moment you could find yourself sitting on, kicking, dislodging, or being otherwise accosted by a cannonball in our house.This morning it was on the kitchen table for some reason and as Bryce moved to do something it somehow flew off and hit him in the gut. He caught it and immediately yelled out, "We're under SIEGE!!!" looking around frantically. Few times in my life have I laughed that hard. 
 Also... I was remiss in blogging his actual birthday so I thought I'd add some more piracy to this post. Of course it was a pirate birthday. I'm not sure that you can read it in the picture, but we made him a shirt that says, "Yo, ho, ho, and a bottle of milk" and my sister's kids outfitted him with a pirate hat so that he could be truly piratical for the day. I made a treasure island cake and we played find the treasure on the map and tattooed ourselves silly. Much to our surprise, Little ate the cake pretty daintily and barely got a touch on himself, which was terribly unpiratical, but we'll work on that later.

1 comments:

Connie said...

Oh, my goodness! Not only are the pictures adorable, but every time I read through this I laugh yet again. "We're under siege!" That will keep me chuckling for days. And yet I will sober right up when I try to think of a way to top that Fisher Price pirate ship....How's a grandma supposed to compete with that??? *sigh* This is going to take some serious plotting...Thanks for the delightful post, and happppppy birthday to our little man!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.